It’s music festival season! Event calendars in Oregon, Washington,
Prepare to Prevent
Music Festival Packing List Essentials
- Reusable water bottle: This is important because you can monitor how much water you're drinking and prevent dehydration. Your vagina can become dehydrated and can cause itchiness, burning, or pain, and can ultimately lead to a yeast infection. Nobody wants a yeast infection while swaying to Lana del Rey! For tips on increasing hydration levels, read our blog here.
- Extra underwear/swimsuits: Between the nonstop dancing and the higher temps, it's typically HOT at music festivals, which naturally causes the body to sweat. Your vulva is also subject to sweating. When you have a moist, sweaty vaginal environment, you're more prone to optimal fungus growing conditions, which can lead to a yeast infection. Focus on changing out of damp bottoms as quickly as possible and keep her dry. Are you wearing healthy underpants? Check out our blog for the winning materials you should look for when buying underpants.
- Light and flowy dresses: This also fits under the "keep her dry" tip. When you're back at your campsite and find yourself staring up at the stars, ditch those underpants and let her breathe. We also recommend going to sleep sans panties to further allow your vagina to breathe. For more on this summer specific condition, check out our top 5 Healthy Hoohoo tips for summer.
- Healthy Hoohoo's Individually Wrapped Feminine Wipes: Cleanse with benefits, whether you have access to water or not. Healthy Hoohoo's Individually Wrapped Feminine Wipes are made from plant-based fibers and help maintain proper pH balance, while removing odor-causing bacteria.
- Menstrual care supplies: You can never be too prepared. If your cycle decides to surprise you, there may not be easy access to the products you prefer. Whether Aunt Flow makes her appearance or not, at least you can rest easy. And who knows, your gal pal may be thanking you for planning ahead.
- Probiotics: Between the stress of not sleeping in your own bed and all the sugar your body has taken in from that funnel cake, your vaginal health will be impacted. When there's too much sugar in the body, the immune system is unable to ward off any bad bacteria, which could lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. This could result in a yeast or bacterial infection. Probiotics help regulate your system by repopulating the vaginal lining super power lactobaccili, which prevent the vagina from infection. For more of an understanding on what sugar really does to the body, read our blog post on sugar.
Fun First: Upcoming Music Festivals
- Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, Indio, CA, April 14th-16th, April 21st-23rd, 2023
- Stagecoach Festival, Indio, CA, April 28th-April 30th, 2023
- Electric Daisy Carnival, Las Vegas, NV, May 19th-21st, 2023
- The Governors Ball Music Festival, NYC, NY, June 9th-11th, 2023
- Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, Manchester, TN, June 15th-18th, 2023
- Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI, June 22nd-24th, June 29th-July 1st, July 6th-8th, 2023
- Pitchfork Music Festival, Chicago, IL, July 21st-23rd, 2023
- Rolling Loud, Miami, FL, July 21st-23rd, 2023
- Lollapalooza Music Festival, Chicago, IL, August 3rd-6th, 2023
- Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival, San Francisco, CA, August 11th-13th, 2023
- 4 Peaks Music Festival, Bend, OR, September 22nd-24th, 2023
- Life is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas, NV, September 22nd-24th, 2023
- Austin City Limits, Austin, TX, October 6th-8th, October 13th-15th, 2023
This article was first published on June 18th, 2021.